Hi! Hope you're enjoying this blog. I have a new home at www.goldsborough.me. Be sure to also check by there for new posts <3

Friday, December 20, 2013

Mini Midi almost finished

Hey peeps, this post will be about my Mini Midi DJ Controller project. I had planned on making my own DJ controller for about two months now and that's about how long it took me to get the right components, do things wrong 273 times (or so) and learn, research and read about all the components I'm using. Finally, last week, I started soldering things together and it worked magnificently! I had planned out everything perfectly in the end, thus I encountered rather few problems. All that's left now are a few lines of code and a proper aluminium case.

Here is what it looks like at the moment:

Front



Back



Here's what the finished controller supposedly will look like:


I'm pretty happy about this, my Christmas present to myself for sure. I'm planning on making this an Instructable, but for now, the components I used were:

The Teensy++ as a microcontroller, since Arduinos can't act as native HID/MIDI Devices.

8 Rotary Potentiometers
- FX 1, TREBLE 1, MID 1, BASS 1, same for the other side

1 Slide Potentiometer - Crossfader

6 Buttons: FX 1 On/Off, Deck 1 Play/Pause, Load 1 (for browse button) and same for the other side

1 Rotary Encoder - BROWSE

32 Ultra Bright Blue Diffused Leds
connected to two medium current, medium voltage shift registers (TPIC6C595)

And 1 Multiplexer for the 8 pots.

So, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to build a case and code the software for interfacing with DJ Software. Cheers!


No comments :

Post a Comment